4th of July Drink Recipes
Fourth of July is a time for celebration, and provides the perfect opportunity to try new drinks alongside classic American meals.
Many cocktails and shots are custom made for Independence Day, and with a few strategically colored ingredients, offer a fun, flavorful way to show your patriotism during backyard BBQ’s, pool parties, and more.
Here are four of the best simple Fourth of July drink recipes you’ll love.
The Yankee Doodle
This ice-blue cocktail combines berry vodka with the bite of sour mix, providing a refreshing and tangy Fourth of July treat.
- 1 part blue raspberry-flavored vodka
- 2 parts sour
- 1 part tonic
- 1. Combine ingredients in a glass tumbler.
- 2. Serve over ice.
Hail to the Chief
Created for President Barack Obama’s inauguration, this cocktail mixes grape flavoring with ginger, blackberries and sugar, combining in a patriotic red, white and blue display.
- 1 1/2 ounces of grape vodka
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar
- 4 slices fresh peeled ginger for garnish
- 4 blackberries for garnish
- top withginger ale
- 1. Mix blackberries, ginger and sugar in a drink mixing tin.
- 2. Add ice and grape vodka.
- 3. Shake and then strain into a tumbler glass, over ice.
- 4. Top with ginger ale.
- 5. Garnish with blackberries and ginger.
The American Dream
Created by Bridget Albert, author of Market-Fresh Mixology, this cocktail combines pomegranate and cherry flavors, while adding a pop of color from white fondant stars and a blueberry garnish.
- 1 ounce of Pomegranate Liqueur
- 1 ounce of black cherry rum
- 1 1/2 ounces of pomegranate cherry juice
- 1/2 ounce of sour
- white fondant stars for garnish
- blueberries for garnish
- 1. Cut small stars out of white fondant (available from candy suppliers).
- 2. Wet the back of each star with water, then place on the inside of a cocktail or martini glass.
- 3. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- 4. Mix ingredients with ice in a drink mixing tin.
- 5. Shake and then strain into the cocktail/martini glass.
- 6. Add blueberry garnish.
Fourth of July Shot
Delicately balancing the colors of our flag, this shot involves strategically pouring one layer of liquor over another, resulting in vibrant red, white and blue stripes.
- 1/2 ounce of grenadine
- 1/2 ounce of vodka
- 1/2 ounce of blue curacao
Note: Be sure to pour ingredients into a shot glass in the order they are listed, as they are arranged by weight.
1. Begin by pouring the grenadine.
2. Next, pour the vodka, which should float above the grenadine.
3. Finally, pour the blue curacao, which should float above the vodka.
With these four simple recipes, anyone can make festive Fourth of July cocktails. Between the vibrant colors, great tastes, and patriotic presentation, each drink is sure to be a hit at backyard BBQs and Independence Day parties.