Fire and Ice Shot Recipe
The Fire and Ice Shot is a popular shooter that is known for its combination of spicy and cool flavors. This shot is perfect for those who like a little bit of heat in their drinks, but also want a refreshing finish. It’s a great choice for parties and gatherings, and is sure to impress your guests.
List of Ingredients:
- 1 oz. cinnamon whiskey
- 1 oz. peppermint schnapps
- Tabasco sauce
List of Steps to Make this Drink:
- Fill a shaker with ice.
- Add the cinnamon whiskey and peppermint schnapps to the shaker.
- Add a few drops of Tabasco sauce to the shaker, depending on how spicy you want the shot to be.
- Shake the ingredients vigorously until the shaker is frosty.
- Strain the mixture into a shot glass.
Tools Needed to make the drink:
- Shot glass
The Fire and Ice Shot is a relatively new creation that has become popular in recent years. There is no known origin of the drink, but it has quickly gained a following among those who enjoy a little bit of heat in their drinks.
Notes on Each of the Ingredients:
- Cinnamon whiskey: This type of whiskey is flavored with cinnamon and has a sweet, spicy taste. It’s perfect for adding a little bit of heat to the drink.
- Peppermint schnapps: This liqueur has a cool, refreshing taste that balances out the heat of the cinnamon whiskey.
- Tabasco sauce: This hot sauce is made from Tabasco peppers and has a spicy, tangy flavor. A little bit goes a long way in this drink.
- Instead of cinnamon whiskey, you can use Fireball whiskey or any other cinnamon-flavored liquor.
- Instead of peppermint schnapps, you can use crème de menthe or any other mint-flavored liqueur.
Garnish: This shot doesn’t typically require a garnish, but you could add a small piece of cinnamon stick or a sprig of mint for a little bit of extra flavor and decoration.
Drink Type: This is a shooter or a shot, which means it’s a small drink meant to be consumed quickly.
Glass: A shot glass is typically used for this drink.
Serving Size in Ounces: This drink is typically served in a 1-ounce shot glass.
Amount of Alcohol in the Drink: This drink contains 2 ounces of alcohol, with an alcohol by volume (ABV) of around 30%.
Tips for Making This Recipe:
- Be careful when adding the Tabasco sauce, as a little bit goes a long way.
- Make sure to shake the ingredients vigorously to ensure they are well mixed and chilled.
- Chill the shot glass beforehand to keep the drink nice and cold.
How to Make it Better:
- If you like your drinks a little bit sweeter, you could add a splash of simple syrup to the shaker.
- You could also rim the shot glass with a mixture of cinnamon and sugar for a little bit of extra flavor.
What Color is this Drink?
The Fire and Ice Shot is typically a reddish-brown color.
What Does it Taste Like?
This shot has a spicy, cinnamon flavor that is balanced out by the cool, refreshing taste of the peppermint schnapps. The Tabasco sauce adds a little bit of heat to the drink, but it’s not overpowering.
List of Drink Variations:
Ghost Pepper Fire and Ice Shot: Instead of using Tabasco sauce, use a ghost pepper hot sauce for an even spicier kick.
Fireball Fire and Ice Shot: Replace the tequila with Fireball whiskey for a cinnamon-flavored twist on the original.
Jalapeno Fire and Ice Shot: Add some sliced jalapenos to the mixture to give the shot an extra kick of heat.
Berry Fire and Ice Shot: Use a berry-flavored vodka instead of tequila for a sweeter twist on the original.
Mango Habanero Fire and Ice Shot: Replace the Tabasco sauce with a mango-habanero hot sauce for a fruity and spicy variation.