Best Frozen Margarita Recipe Ever
The best frozen margarita recipe ever? Well, that’s a tall order even for us here at 31st street pub.
Finding the very best frozen drink machine recipes is a challenge in and of itself, but lucky for you, we’re up to it.
We’ve tasted the best and the worst of the recipes on the web to bring you just the number one, very best, most delicious frozen margarita recipe out there, and we only had to get three friends drunk to do it.
The Best Margaritaville Margarita Mix Recipe (Ever)
First of all, you need to start with top notch tequila. You can’t have good margarita machine recipes with bad tequila. That’s just all there is to it.
If you’re gonna skimp on an ingredient and use the cheap stuff, make it the ice, because everything else in this simple recipe relies on top quality ingredients. Now then, onto the ingredients…
- One ounce gold tequila
- One teaspoon salt
- One cup ice
- Four and a half ounces lime margarita mix
And this is what makes this simple recipe special: a half ounce of Grand Marnier.
Grand Marnier: The Secret Ingredient
Grand Marnier is a booze made from a blend of some of the best true cognac, and the distilled essence of bitter orange. The bittersweet, intoxicating (in more ways than one) flavor is renowned as one of the most complex and brilliant for the serious liquor buff.
Cut the lime in half and rub the rim of a chilled margarita glass with it, then dip the glass in some salt and roll it around to get a nice, good coating around the rim.
Toss the rest of the ingredients in the mixer, blend it up, and you’ve got one of the best margarita machine recipes around. The Grand Marnier adds a bittersweetness that contributes to the limey taste of the margarita without overpowering it.
It’s just that little extra kick that the margarita needs. We’ve gone with a simpler, lime based margarita simply because when you ask your friends if they want to drink margaritas, let’s be honest: they’re expecting to see green.
Lime is the classic flavor of the margarita, but that doesn’t mean you can’t add a little zing to it in the form of gold tequila and Grand Marnier.
Other Tips And Tricks To Add To Your Frozen Margarita Recipe
- Serve with homemade tortilla chips and some peach salsa to really blow your guests away.
- Experiment with flavored salts, even adding a bit of chili powder for an extra kick or replacing the lime juice with a bit of Tabasco.
- Do not discount adding a half ounce of Grand Marnier to any favorite frozen margarita recipe. The bittersweet orangey flavor goes just as well with strawberry kiwi as it does with lime. This tip will touch up your margarita best and go a long way to creating that perfect frozen margarita recipe.
- Try serving the drink chilled for dinner parties, frozen in the summer, and with crushed ice when the heat is really coming down.
- The best frozen margarita mix is to not use a mix at all. Mix up fresh ingredients and avoid the powdery, chalky after taste.
- Don’t blow the ambiance with a cheap frozen margarita blender. When you care enough to serve your guests the best, go the extra mile and invest in a margarita drink machine that will wow and amaze them as well.
Conclusion: You Can Learn To Make Great Frozen Margaritas
With a little practice and the right equipment, you can create great Margaritaville frozen drink recipes that will earn you the label of the best drinks maker around. The key is not to scrimp on the ingredients or the equipment.
Using Grand Marnier or other quality alcohols can really take your margarita frozen recipe to the next level. But it does not stop there. You also need to invest in a good frozen drinks blender as well.