Corkscrew Drink Recipe and Variations
Our Corkscrew Drink recipe is simple to make and only has four ingredients including vodka, orange liqueur, cranberry juice, and lime juice. Just mix the ingredients together and add everything to a highball glass and serve.
- 2 oz. vodka
- 1 oz. orange liqueur
- 3 oz. cranberry juice
- 1 oz. fresh lime juice
- Lime wedge, for garnish
- Cocktail Shaker
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add 2 oz. vodka, 1 oz. orange liqueur, 3 oz. cranberry juice, and 1 oz. fresh lime juice.
- Shake the cocktail vigorously for 10-15 seconds.
- Strain the cocktail into a tall glass filled with ice.
- Garnish the drink with a lime wedge on the rim of the glass.
Serving Size:8 ounces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 175Total Fat: 0gCarbohydrates: 17gProtein: 0g
The corkscrew drink gained popularity in the 1990s as a variation of the popular Cosmopolitan cocktail and has become a favorite at bars and parties ever since.
Notes on Ingredients:
Vodka: Any brand of vodka will work in this recipe, but a good quality one will enhance the taste of the drink.
Orange Liqueur: Cointreau or Triple Sec are commonly used orange liqueurs. They add a sweet and tangy flavor to the cocktail.
Cranberry Juice: Use 100% cranberry juice for the best taste. Avoid using cranberry juice cocktails, which have added sugar.
Lime Juice: Fresh lime juice adds a tangy and refreshing flavor to the drink.
- Vodka can be substituted with gin or white rum.
- Triple Sec can be substituted with Grand Marnier or any other orange liqueur.
- Cranberry juice can be substituted with pomegranate juice or grapefruit juice.
- Lime juice can be substituted with lemon juice.
Garnish the drink with a lime wedge on the rim of the glass.
This is a cocktail.
Serve the drink in a tall glass.
The serving size is 8 ounces.
One serving contains approximately 175 calories, 0g fat, 17g carbohydrates, and 0g protein.
Tips for Making This Recipe
- Use fresh lime juice! It’s super simple to make and takes seconds.
- Don’t shake too long or you’ll water down the drink too much.
- Use a strainer to strain out any pulp or seeds if you’re using fresh juices.
- You can play around with the ratio of cranberry juice depending on how you like your drink.
How to Make it Better?
To make this drink even better, try using fresh-squeezed cranberry juice or adding a splash of grapefruit juice for extra tanginess. Remember, fresh juice of any kind is always better tasting than store bought.
What Color is this Drink?
Bright pink in color.
What Does it Taste Like?
This yummy drink is a sweet and tangy cocktail with a refreshing citrus flavor.
Corkscrew Drink Variations
- Spiced Corkscrew: Add a pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg for a warm, spiced flavor.
- Pineapple Corkscrew: Substitute the cranberry juice with pineapple juice for a sweet and tropical tiki twist.
- Blackberry Corkscrew: Muddle fresh blackberries in the bottom of the glass before you add the other ingredients for a fruity and colorful variation.
- Grape Corkscrew: Use grape juice instead of cranberry juice for a totally unique flavor.
- Coconut Corkscrew: Substitute the cranberry juice with coconut water for a taste of the tropics.
- Ruby Red Corkscrew: Use grapefruit juice instead of cranberry juice for a tangier flavor.
Similar Drinks with Similar Ingredients
- Cosmopolitan: The classic Cosmopolitan cocktail is made with vodka, orange liqueur, cranberry juice, and lime juice and has been around forever. A true classic.
- Sea Breeze: This cocktail also uses vodka and cranberry juice, but adds grapefruit juice instead of lime juice to make a delicious and easy to drink cocktail.
- Madras: Made with vodka, orange juice, and cranberry juice, this cocktail is similar to the corkscrew, but without the orange liqueur and lime juice.
- Bay Breeze: This cocktail uses vodka, cranberry juice, and pineapple juice for a tropical twist.
- Greyhound: This simple cocktail is made with vodka and grapefruit juice, and can be a refreshing alternative to the corkscrew.